You can change the I/O operations per second (IOPS) settings of an organization VDC storage policy. By default, the organization VDC storage policies inherit the provider VDC storage policy settings. You can customize the settings per organization VDC storage policy.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, select Organization VDCs, and click the name of the target organization virtual data center.
- Under Policies, select Storage .
- Click the radio button next to the target storage policy, and click Edit Settings.
- If you want the IOPS settings of the organization VDC storage policy to be different from the provider VDC storage policy, turn off the Inherit From Provider VDC toggle.
- If you want to limit the I/O operations per second, turn on the IOPS Limiting Enabled toggle.
- If you want IOPS to be considered during placement, turn on the Impact Placement toggle.
If the Impact Placement toggle is turned on, VMware Cloud Director provides IOPS load balancing across datastores. When you set IOPS settings for a disk, VMware Cloud Director considers datastores with enough IOPS capacity for the selected disk. If the Impact Placement toggle is turned off, you do not need to set IOPS capacities per datastore and you can use Storage DRS clusters.
- (Optional) Configure the maximum and default IOPS settings.
- Click Save.