If you have system administrator rights, you can import vCenter Server VMs as vApps to VMware Cloud Director.
Importing a virtual machine does not keep the virtual machine reservation, limit, and shares settings that are configured in vCenter Server. Imported virtual machines get their resource allocation settings from the organization virtual data center on which they reside.
To see and import virtual machines from vCenter Server, verify that you have system administrator rights.
- On the Virtual Data Center dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and from the left panel, select vApps.
- Click New and select Import from vCenter.
- From the drop-down menu, select a vCenter Server instance from which to import a virtual machine.
- Select a virtual machine to import.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the vApp.
- From the drop-down menu, select a virtual data center in which to store and run the vApp.
- (Optional) From the drop-down menu, select a storage policy for the vApp.
- (Optional) To delete the source virtual machine, toggle on the Move Virtual Machine option.
- Click Import.