You can create a named disk and attach it to one or more virtual machines at a later stage.
To create a named disk, you must specify its name and size. You can optionally include a description and select a storage profile to be used by the disk. You can create a shared disk that you can attach to multiple VMs.
- You must have an organization administrator role or disk owner rights.
- If you want to create a shared disk, you must have the Create a Shared Disk right.
- On the Virtual Data Center dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and under Storage, from the left panel, select Named Disks.
- Click New.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description of the disk.
- Select the storage policy from the Storage Policy drop-down menu.
- Enter the size of the named disk.
- Select the bus type and subtype, from the Bus Type and Bus Sub-Type drop-down menus, respectively.
- If you want to attach the named disk to multiple VMs, select the Shareable check box.
You cannot edit this setting later.
- Click Save.