You can decrease the scope of an NSX-T Data Center edge gateway to a specific VDC by removing the edge gateway from the data center group to which it is scoped.
When you decrease the scope of an edge gateway to a specific VDC, all security group objects that are in use by the edge gateway remain with it. Security groups that are used exclusively by the distributed firewall remain part of the VDC group.
- Verify that the VDC to which you want to decrease the scope of the edge gateway is a member of the data center group.
- Verify that there are no workloads attached to any routed networks that are not part of the targeted edge gateway scope.
- Verify that there are no security groups or IP sets in the data center group that are in use by both the edge gateway and the distributed firewall.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking and then click the Data Center Groups tab.
The list of data center groups appears.
- Click the target data center group.
- Click Edge Gateway and then click Remove Edge.
- Select a VDC to which to decrease the scope of the edge gateway and click Save.