System administrators can create an organization VDC network by importing a logical switch from an associated NSX-T Manager instance.
- Verify that you have system administrator rights.
- Verify that the provider virtual data center that backs the target organization virtual data center is associated with an NSX-T Manager instance.
- You must create at least one NSX-T logical switch that is not in use by other organization virtual data center networks.
For information about creating and configuring NSX-T logical switches, see the NSX-T Data Center Administration Guide.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking.
- On the Networks tab, click New.
- On the Scope page, select Organization Virtual Data Center, select a VDC in which to create the network, and click Next.
- On the Network Type page, select Imported, then select NSX-T Logical Switch, and click Next.
- From the list of available NSX-T logical switches, select the target switch, and click Next.
- Enter a meaningful name for the network.
- Enter the Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) settings for the network.
Use the format network_gateway_IP_address/subnet_prefix_length, for example, 22.214.171.124/24.
If the switch is configured with a subnet, this information is prepopulated.
- Enter a description of the organization VDC network.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Configure the DNS settings and the static IP pool.
You can add multiple IP addresses and IP ranges.
- Click Next.
- On the Ready to Complete page, review your settings, and click Finish.