You can import certificates of servers that VMware Cloud Director communicates with, such as vCenter Server, NSX Manager, and so on.
Note: Instead of importing certificates manually, you can test the connection to the remote server and establish a trust relationship with it. See Test the Connection to a Remote Server and Establish a Trust Relationship.When using VMware Cloud Director in FIPS mode, you must use FIPS-compatible private keys. You can use pyOpenSSL to generate private keys in FIPS-compatible PKCS#8 format. If you generate PKCS#8 private keys by using OpenSSL, the private keys are not FIPS-compatible. For more information about FIPS mode, see Enable FIPS Mode on the Cells in the Server Group or Enable or Disable FIPS Mode on the VMware Cloud Director Appliance.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration.
- In the left panel, under Certificate Management, select Trusted Certificates and click Import.
- Upload a PEM file containing the certificates that you want to import and click Import.
- (Optional) Edit the certificate name.
- Click Import.
What to do next
- Download a certificate.
- Edit a certificate name.
- Delete a certificate.
- Copy the PEM data to the clipboard.