You can migrate VMs from one resource pool to another on the same provider virtual data center. You can migrate virtual machines to populate a recently added resource pool, to depopulate a resource pool you plan to decommission, or to manually balance the resources of the provider virtual data center.
You cannot migrate VMs that are part of a reservation pool organization virtual data center. You must migrate templates and media separately using datastore migration.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, select Provider VDCs, and click the name of the target provider virtual data center.
- Select Resource Pools.
- Click the name of the resource pool from which you want to migrate VMs.
- Select one or more VMs that you want to migrate and click Migrate VM.
- Choose between an automatic or manual selection of the destination resource pool for the VM migration.
Option Description Automatically select a resource pool VMware Cloud Director selects the destination resource pool for the VMs based on the current resource balance of all available resource pools. Manually select a resource pool Select a resource pool from the list of available resource pools to which to migrate the VM to .
- Click Migrate.