By using route advertisement, you can create a fully routed network environment in an organization virtual data center (VDC).
If a subnet is not added to the advertisement filter, the route to it is not advertised to the tier-0 gateway and the subnet remains private.
Route advertisement is automatically configured on the NSX-T Data Center edge gateway.VMware Cloud Director supports automatic route redistribution when you use route advertisement on an NSX-T edge gateway. Route redistribution is automatically configured on the tier-0 logical router which represents the dedicated tier-0 gateway.
Verify that you have dedicated a tier-0 gateway to a VMware Cloud Director edge gateway backed by NSX-T Data Center in the organization. See Dedicated Tier-0 Gateways.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Edge Gateways, and click the name of the target edge gateway.
- Under Routing, click Route Advertisement and Edit.
- To add a subnet to be advertised, click Add.
- Add an IPv4 or IPv6 subnet.
Use the format network_gateway_IP_address/ subnet_prefix_length, for example, 18.104.22.168/24.