You can create a security tag and assign it to a virtual machine or a group of virtual machines.
You create a security tag and assign it to a virtual machine or a group of virtual machines.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Organization VDCs.
- Click the radio button next to the target organization virtual data center, and click Manage Firewall.
- Click the Security Tags tab.
- Click the Create () button, and enter a name for the security tag.
- (Optional) Enter a description for the security tag.
- (Optional) Assign the security tag to a virtual machine or a group of virtual machines.
In the Browse objects of type drop-down menu, Virtual Machines is selected by default.
- Select a virtual machine from the left panel.
- Assign the security tag to the selected virtual machine by clicking the right arrow.
The virtual machine moves to the right panel and is assigned the security tag.
- When you complete assigning the tag to the selected virtual machines, click Keep.
The security tag is created, and if you chose, is assigned to selected virtual machines.
What to do next
Security tags are designed to work with a security group. For more information about creating security groups, see Create a Security Group.