You can configure low disk space thresholds on a storage container to receive an email from VMware Cloud Director when the datastore reaches a specific threshold of available capacity. These warnings alert you to a low disk situation before it becomes a problem.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, select Provider VDCs, and click the name of the target provider virtual data center.
- Select the Storage Containers tab.
- Click the name of a storage container and click Edit.
- Select the disk space thresholds for the storage container.
You can set two thresholds, yellow and red. When you set thresholds on a stand-alone datastore, they apply only to that datastore. If you set thresholds on a datastore cluster, they apply to all datastores in the cluster. By default, VMware Cloud Director sets the red threshold to 15% and the yellow threshold to 25% of the stand-alone datastore or the datastore cluster's total capacity.
Because the default thresholds on a datastore cluster are based on the total cluster capacity, the thresholds might exceed the capacity of individual datastores within the cluster. When setting thresholds on a datastore cluster, consider the capacity of each datastore in the cluster and set thresholds manually rather than accepting the default threshold configurations.
- Click Save.