To use the virtual infrastructure provided by NSX Advanced Load Balancer, register your NSX-T Cloud instances with VMware Cloud Director.
An NSX-T Cloud is a service provider-level construct that consists of an NSX-T Manager and an NSX-T Data Center transport zone.
NSX-T Manager provides a system view and is the management component of NSX-T Data Center. An NSX-T Data Center transport zone dictates which hosts and virtual machines can participate in the use of a particular network.
If there are multiple transport zones managed by the same NSX-T Manager, then a separate NSX-T Cloud encapsulates each pair of NSX-T Manager and NSX-T Data Center transport zone instances.
An NSX-T Cloud has a one-to-one relationship with a network pool backed by an NSX-T Data Center transport zone.
- From the top navigation bar, under Resources, click Infrastructure Resources.
- Click NSX-ALB and then click NSX-T Clouds.
- To add an NSX-T cloud, click Add.
- From the drop-down menu, select a Controller instance for which to create the NSX-T Cloud.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the NSX-T Cloud.
- Select an available Cloud from the list.
- To import the cloud, click Add.
The imported cloud appears in the list of available NSX-T Clouds.