You can edit and delete only the user-defined firewall rules that were added to an edge gateway. You cannot edit or delete an auto-generated rule or a default rule, except for changing the action setting of the default rule. You can change the priority order of user-defined rules.
For details about the available settings for the various cells of a rule, see Add an NSX Data Center for vSphere Edge Gateway Firewall Rule.
- Open Edge Gateway Services.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking and click Edge Gateways.
- Select the edge gateway that you want to edit and click Services.
- Click the Firewall tab.
- Manage the firewall rules.
- Disable a rule by clicking the green check mark in its No. cell. The green check mark turns to a red disabled icon. If the rule is disabled and you want to enable the rule, click the red disabled icon.
- Edit a rule name by double-clicking in its Name cell and typing the new name.
- Modify the settings for a rule, such as the source or action settings, by selecting the appropriate cell and using the displayed controls.
- Delete a rule by selecting it and clicking the Delete button located above the rules table.
- Hide system-generated rules by using the Show only user-defined rules toggle.
- Move a rule up or down in the rules table by selecting the rule and clicking the up and down arrow buttons located above the rules table.
- Click Save changes.