Security tags that you create and assign to virtual machines help you to define NSX-T Data Center edge gateway firewall rules and distributed firewall rules for data center groups with an NSX-T Data Center network provider type.
- Verify that your system administrator has published the Security tag edit right to your organization and that your role includes this right.
- Verify that your role includes the vApp: Edit Properties right.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking and then click Security Tags.
- To add a new security tag, click Add Tag.
- Enter a tag name.
- From the list of virtual machines in the organization, select the ones to which to assign the newly created tag.
- Click Save.
The newly created tag is assigned to the virtual machines that you selected. You can view all the security tags that are assigned to a specific VM in the VM details page.
What to do next
- Create dynamic groups of virtual machines based on the tags that you assigned.
- Use the dynamic groups that you created to add distributed firewall rules to the data center group or to add firewall rules to an NSX-T Data Center edge gateway that is scoped to the data center group. See: