VMware Cloud Director depends on VMware Tools to customize the guest OS.
- The virtual machine must be powered on.
- If your newly created virtual machine has no guest operating system, you must install it before you can install VMware Tools.
- Guest customization must be disabled prior to installing VMware Tools.
- If the version of VMware Tools is earlier than 7299 in a virtual machine in your vApp, you must upgrade it.
- On the Virtual Data Center dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and from the left panel, select Virtual Machines.
- Click to view the list in a card view and, optionally, arrange the list of virtual machines from the Sort by drop-down menu.
- From the Actions menu of the virtual machine in which you want to install VMware Tools, select Install VMware Tools.
VMware Tools is installed on the target guest operating system. If there is an error during installation, an error message displays. You can also view the progress of the installation operation in the Tasks window.
- To open the Web console of the virtual machine, from the Actions menu, select Launch Web Console.
- Follow the instructions on the VMware Knowledge Base Article 1014294 to configure the VMware Tools for your particular operating system.
VMware Tools is installed and configured on the guest operating system.