To use the DHCP service of an NSX-T edge gateway for obtaining IP addresses, you activate DHCP in gateway mode.
Verify that you are an organization administrator, system administrator, or that you are assigned a role that includes an equivalent set of rights.
- Verify that the organization VDC network for which you want to activate DHCP in gateway mode is routed.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking.
- Click the name of the network that you want to edit.
- In the IP Management section, click DHCP.
- Click Activate.
- Select Gateway DHCP mode.
- Enter a time period for which a requested IP address is to be leased out, and click Next.
- (Optional) Enter at least one IP range for a DHCP pool and click Next.'
- (Optional) Add up to two DNS servers for the DHCP service to use and click Next.
- Review your settings and click Finish.