You can power on a virtual machine and force the recustomization of a virtual machine.
If the settings in a virtual machine are not synchronized with VMware Cloud Director or an attempt to perform a guest customization has failed, you can force the recustomization of the virtual machine.
Ensure that the application that is running in the virtual machine supports a recustomization. If you change a domain controller by using Microsoft Sysprep, and also change the SID, the virtual machine might be damaged. To mitigate the risk of damaging your virtual machine, create a snapshot before you recustomize it.
- You must be an organization administrator.
- The virtual machine must be powered off.
- On the Virtual Data Center dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and from the left panel, select Virtual Machines.
- Click to view the list in a card view and, optionally, arrange the list of virtual machines from the Sort by drop-down menu.
- From the Power menu of the virtual machine you want to power on and customize, select Power On and Force Recustomization.
The virtual machine is recustomized and powered on.