You can configure individual settings for the BGP routing neighbors when you add them.
- Verify that the system administrator dedicated a tier-0 routerto an edge gateway backed by NSX-T Data Center in your organization.
- Verify that you are an organization administrator or you are assigned a role that includes an equivalent set of rights.
- Verify that you configured the global BGP settings for the edge gateway. See Configure BGP General Settings.
- If you use route filtering, verify that you created IP prefix lists. See Create an IP Prefix List.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking and click the Edge Gateways tab.
- Click the edge gateway.
- Under Routing, click BGP and Neighbors.
- To add a new BGP neighbor, click New.
- Enter the general settings for the new BGP neighbor.
- Enter an IPv4 or IPv6 address for the new BGP neighbor.
- Enter a remote Autonomous System (AS) number in ASPLAIN format.
- Enter a time interval between sending keep-alive messages to a BGP peer.
- Enter a time interval before declaring a BGP peer dead.
- From the drop-down menu, select a Graceful Restart Mode option for this neighbor.
Option Description Disable Overrides the global edge gateway settings and disables graceful restart mode for this neighbor. Helper only Overrides the global edge gateway settings and configures graceful restart mode as Helper only for this neighbor. Graceful restart and Helper Overrides the global edge gateway settings and configures graceful restart mode as Graceful restart and Helper for this neighbor.
- Toggle on the AllowAS-in toggle to enable receiving routes with the same AS.
- If the BGP neighbor requires authentication, enter the password for the BGP neighbor.
- Configure the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) settings for the new BGP neighbor.
- (Optional) Toggle on the BFD option to enable BFD for failure detection.
- In the BDF interval text box, define the time interval for sending heartbeat packets.
- In the Dead Multiple text box, enter the number of times the BGP neighbor can fail to send heartbeat packets before the BFD declares it is down.
- (Optional) Configure route filtering.
- From the IP Address Family drop-down menu, select an IP address family.
- To configure an inbound filter, select an IP prefix list.
- To configure an outbound filter, select an IP prefix list.
- Click Save.