To create distributed firewall rules, you can use preconfigured application port profiles and custom application port profiles.
Application port profiles include a combination of a protocol and a port, or a group of ports, that is used for firewall services. In addition to the preconfigured default port profiles, you can create custom application port profiles.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking and then click the Data Center Groups tab.
The list of data center groups appears.
- Click the target data center group.
- Under Security, click Application Port Profiles.
- In the Custom Applications pane, click New.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the application port profile.
- From the Protocol drop-down menu, select the protocol.
- Enter a port, or a range of ports, separated by a comma, and click Save.
- To configure additional port profiles, repeat the steps.