By using route advertisement, you can create a fully routed network environment in an organization virtual data center (VDC).
If a subnet is not added to the advertisement filter, the route to it is not advertised to the tier-0 gateway and the subnet remains private.
Route advertisement is automatically configured on the NSX-T Data Center edge gateway.VMware Cloud Director supports automatic route redistribution when you use route advertisement on an NSX-T edge gateway. Route redistribution is automatically configured on the tier-0 logical router which represents the dedicated tier-0 gateway.
- Verify that the system administrator dedicated a tier-0 routerto an edge gateway backed by NSX-T Data Center in your organization.
- Verify that you are an organization administrator or you are assigned a role that includes an equivalent set of rights.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking and click the Edge Gateways tab.
- Click the edge gateway.
- Under Routing, click Route Advertisement and Edit.
- To add a subnet to be advertised, click Add.
- Add an IPv4 or IPv6 subnet.
Use the format network_gateway_IP_address/ subnet_prefix_length, for example, 184.108.40.206/24.