You can subscribe to an external catalog and thus create a read-only copy of an externally published catalog. You cannot modify a subscribed catalog.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Organization Administrator role or an equivalent set of rights.
- The system administrator must grant your organization permission to subscribe to external catalogs.
- If you are using SSL, you can test the connection to the subscription URL and establish a trust relationship. See Test the Connection to a Remote Server and Establish a Trust Relationship.
- In the top navigation bar, click Libraries and in the left panel, select Catalogs.
The list of catalogs appears in a grid view.
- Click New to create a new catalog.
- Enter the name and, optionally, a description of the catalog.
- Select to subscribe to an external catalog and provide the subscription URL.
- Enter the optional password to access the catalog.
- Select whether you want to automatically download the content from the external catalog.
- Click OK.