You can edit an affinity or anti-affinity rule to enable or disable the rule, add or remove virtual machines, change the rule name or the rule preference.
This operation requires the Organization vDC: VM-VM Affinity Edit right. This right is included in the predefined Catalog Author, vApp Author, and Organization Administrator roles.
- On the Virtual Data Center dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and from the left panel, select Affinity Rules.
- Click the radio button next to the name of the rule that you want to edit and click Edit.
- Edit the rule properties.
- Change the name of the rule as necessary.
- Select whether to enable or disable the rule.
- Select whether the rule should be required or preferred.
- Add more virtual machines or remove virtual machines.
- Click Save.