You can add a network to a vApp to make the network available to the virtual machines in the vApp. You can add a vApp network or an organization virtual data center network to a vApp.
- If you want to add an organization virtual data center network to your vApp, verify that your organization administrator or system administrator has created the network.
- If you want to add a routed vApp network to your vApp and your organization virtual data center is backed by NSX-T Data Center, verify that your system administrator has enabled networking services by assigning an edge cluster to the organization VDC.
- On the Virtual Data Center dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and from the left panel, select vApps.
- Click to view the vApps in a card view.
- In the card of the selected vApp, click Actions and select Add network.
- Select the type of network to add.
Option Action Organization VDC Network Select an organization virtual data center network from the list of available networks. vApp Network
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the network.
- Enter the network gateway CIDR.
- (Optional) Enter the primary and secondary DNS, and the DNS suffix.
- (Optional) Select whether to allow guest VLAN.
- (Optional) Enter static IP pool settings, such as IP ranges.
- (Optional) To be able to connect to an organization virtual data center network, toggle on the Connect to an organization VDC network option and select a network from the list.
- Click Add.
The network is added to the vApp.
What to do next
Connect a virtual machine in the vApp to the network.