To connect to an external network by a direct route, system administrators can set up a direct connection.
Direct network creation is supported in organization VDCs backed by NSX-T Data Center or by NSX Data Center for vSphere.
If you log in to the VMware Cloud Director Tenant Portal as an organization administrator and attempt to create a direct organization virtual data center network, you receive a warning message that you have insufficient rights.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking.
- On the Networks tab, click New.
- On the Scope page, select Organization Virtual Data Center, select a VDC in which to create the network, and click Next.
- On the Network Type page, select Direct and click Next.
- Enter a meaningful name for the network.
- Enter a description of the organization VDC network.
- (Optional) To make the organization VDC network available to other organization VDCs within the same organization, toggle on the Shared option.
- On the External Network Connection page, select the external network to which you want your new organization virtual data center network to connect directly, and click Next.
- On the Ready to Complete page, review your settings, and click Finish.