You can edit and delete only the user-defined firewall rules that were added to an edge gateway. You cannot edit or delete an auto-generated rule or a default rule, except for changing the action setting of the default rule. You can change the priority order of user-defined rules.
For details about the available settings for the various cells of a rule, see Add an NSX Data Center for vSphere Edge Gateway Firewall Rule.
- Open Edge Gateway Services.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources, and click the Cloud Resources tab.
- In the left panel, click Edge Gateways.
- Click the radio button next to the name of the target edge gateway, and click Services.
- Click the Firewall tab.
- Manage the firewall rules.
- Deactivate a rule by clicking the green check mark in its No. cell. The green check mark turns to a red deactivated icon. If the rule is deactivated and you want to activate the rule, click the red deactivated icon.
- Edit a rule name by double-clicking in its Name cell and typing the new name.
- Modify the settings for a rule, such as the source or action settings, by selecting the appropriate cell and using the displayed controls.
- Delete a rule by selecting it and clicking the Delete button located above the rules table.
- Hide system-generated rules by using the Show only user-defined rules toggle.
- Move a rule up or down in the rules table by selecting the rule and clicking the up and down arrow buttons located above the rules table.
- Click Save changes.