You can delete a user-defined security tag.
You might want to delete a security tag if the function or environment of the virtual machine changes. For example, if you have a security tag for Oracle databases, but you decide to use a different database server, you can remove the security tag so that firewall rules that apply to Oracle databases no longer run against the virtual machine.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Organization VDCs.
- Click the radio button next to the target organization virtual data center, and click Manage Firewall.
- Click the Security Tags tab.
- From the list of security tags, select the security tag that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete () button.
- To confirm the deletion, click OK.
The security tag is deleted.