Before an organization administrator can configure load balancing services on an NSX edge gateway, a system administrator must assign a service engine group to the edge gateway.
The load balancing compute infrastructure provided by NSX Advanced Load Balancer is organized into service engine groups. A system administrator can assign one or more service engine groups to an NSX edge gateway.
All service engine groups that are assigned to a single edge gateway use the same service network.
If you enabled the edge gateway with a Premium feature set, you can only configure service engine groups with Premium features. If you enabled the gateway with a Standard feature set, you can choose to use either Standard or Premium features for a service engine group and you can assign service engine groups with different feature sets to a single load balancer.
Verify that you are a system administrator.
- Enable load balancer on the NSX edge gateway.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Edge Gateways.
- Click the NSX edge gateway to which you want to assign a service engine group.
- Under Load Balancer, click Service Engine Groups.
- Click Add.
- Select an available service engine group from the list.
- Enter a number for the maximum number of virtual services that can be placed on the edge gateway.
- Enter a number for the guaranteed virtual services available to the edge gateway.
- To confirm your settings, click Save.