You can register an NSX Manager instance with VMware Cloud Director, so that VMware Cloud Director can use its network resources. A provider virtual data center can use network resources either from NSX Data Center for vSphere or from NSX.
- From the top navigation bar, under Resources, click Infrastructure Resources.
- In the left pane, click NSX-T Managers and click Add.
- If you have a multisite VMware Cloud Director deployment, from the Site drop-don menu, select the site to which you want to add this NSX Manager instance, and click Next.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the NSX Manager instance in VMware Cloud Director.
- Enter the URL of the NSX Manager instance.
For example, https://FQDN_or_IP_address.
- Enter the user name and password of the NSX Manager administrator account.
- Click Save.
What to do next
For information about a creating provider virtual data center backed by NSX, see VMware Cloud Director API Programming Guide at https://developer.vmware.com/.