If necessary, you can change the reservation model and the feature set of a service engine group.
- Import a Service Engine Group.
- If you want to edit the feature set of the service engine group, verify that it is assigned to an edge gateway.
- If you want to downgrade the feature set of the service engine group to Standard from Premium, verify that there are no virtual services and no load balancer server pools configured on the edge gateway to which it is assigned.
- From the top navigation bar, under Resources, click Infrastructure Resources.
- Select NSX-ALB and then click Service Engine Groups.
- Select a service engine group and, under General, click Edit.
- From the drop-down menu, edit the reservation model.
- To assign the service engine group to a single edge gateway, select Dedicated.
- To share the service engine group between several edge gateways, select Shared.
- Edit the name and the description of the service engine group.
- From the drop-down menu, edit the feature set of the service engine group.
Option Description Standard The standard feature set provides the load balancing features included in VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer Basic Edition. Premium The premium feature set provides some of the features included in VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer Enterprise Edition, such as, for example, additional load balancing pool algorithm types and pool persistence profiles, virtual service analytics, pool analytics, multiple virtual service ports, and additional virtual service application profile types.
- Click Save.