You can allocate IP addresses from an external network subnet to an edge gateway without entering specific IP addresses or IP address ranges by using quick IP allocation.
- Open Edge Gateway Services.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources, and click the Cloud Resources tab.
- In the left panel, click Edge Gateways.
- Click the radio button next to the name of the target edge gateway, and click Services.
- Click the edge gateway and click IP Allocations.
In the IP management grids, you can see the IP addresses that are allocated to the edge gateway and the IP addresses that are currently in use by the edge gateway.
- In the Allocated IPs section, click Quick IP Allocation.
- From the drop-down menu, select a subnet from which to assign IP addresses.
If multiple subnets are available, selecting Any results in the allocation of IP addresses from one or more subnets.
- Enter the number of IP addresses to allocate to the edge gateway, and click Save.
The number must be less than the number of available IP addresses in the subnet that you selected.
The IP addresses are allocated to the edge gateway.
What to do next
View the IP addresses that are allocated to the edge gateway, add more IP addresses, or remove them as needed.