After you have finished using a CD or a DVD in your virtual machine, you can eject the media file.
A media file was previously inserted to the virtual machine.
- On the Virtual Data Center dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and from the left panel, select Virtual Machines.
- Click to view the list in a card view and, optionally, arrange the list of virtual machines from the Sort by drop-down menu.
- Select the virtual machine from which you want to eject the media.
- In the All Actions menu, click Eject Media.
- If the mounted media is open within the guest OS, a notification appears that you must provide input to proceed. Click Provide Input and confirm that you want to override the CD drive lock and eject the media file.
The media file is ejected.