To associate the VMs of a vApp template with specific VM placement and VM sizing policies, you can tag individual VMs of a vApp template with the policies you want to assign.
Note: After you upgrade to VMware Cloud Director 10.0 or later, all preexisting template taggings become modifiable. If you want to disallow the changes to the predefined VM placement or VM sizing policies, you must deselect the Modifiable check box for the policies that you want to be unchangeable.
- This operation requires the right to edit a vApp template.
- Verify that you have at least one vApp template in your VMware Cloud Director environment.
- In the top navigation bar, click Libraries and in the left panel, select vApp Templates.
The list of templates appears in a grid view.
- Select the radio button next to the vApp template you want to tag, and click Tag with Compute Policies.
- If you want to assign a VM placement policy to a VM in the vApp template, select a policy from the VM Placement Policy drop-down menu on the row corresponding to the VM.
- If you want to assign a VM sizing policy to a VM in the vApp template, select a policy from the VM Sizing Policy drop-down menu on the row corresponding to the VM.
- (Optional) To allow the users to change the predefined VM placement or VM sizing policies while editing a VM, select the Modifiable check box under the policy drop-down menu.
- Click Tag.