To configure an NSX edge gateway to be the egress point for a data center group, increase the scope of the edge gateway. The gateway then becomes shared across all data centers that participate in the group.
When you scope an edge gateway to a data center group, all routed networks that are attached to the edge gateway become attached to the data center group and scoped to it.
All new routed networks that you attach to the edge gateway belong to the data center group.
A routed network attached to an edge gateway which is scoped to a VDC can participate in a data center group only if the scope of the edge is increased to this data center group.
- Verify that your role includes the Edge Gateway: Edit right.
- Verify that the VDC in which you created the NSX edge gateway is a member of the VDC group to which you want to increase the scope of the edge gateway.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking and click the Edge Gateways tab.
- Click the NSX edge gateway.
- On the right of the edge gateway name, click Increase Scope.
- From the list, select a data center group to which to scope the edge gateway and click OK.