If a provider virtual data center has more than one resource pool, in VMware Cloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal, you can detach a secondary resource pool from the provider virtual data center. You cannot detach the primary resource pool from the provider virtual data center.
- Deactivate the target resource pool on the provider virtual data center. See Activate or Deactivate a Resource Pool on a VMware Cloud Director Provider Virtual Data Center.
- Redeploy any networks that are affected by the deactivated resource pool.
- Redeploy any edge gateways that are affected by the deactivated resource pool.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, select Provider VDCs, and click the name of the target provider virtual data center.
- Click the Resource Pools tab.
- Click the radio button next to the target resource pool, and click Detach.
- To confirm, click OK.