To use the DHCP service of an NSX edge gateway for obtaining IP addresses, you activate DHCP in gateway mode.
Verify that you are an organization administrator, system administrator, or that you are assigned a role that includes an equivalent set of rights.
- Verify that the organization VDC network for which you want to activate DHCP in gateway mode is routed.
- In the top navigation bar, click Networking.
- Click the name of the network that you want to edit.
- In the IP Management section, click DHCP.
- Click Activate.
- Select Gateway DHCP mode.
- Enter a time period for which a requested IP address is to be leased out, and click Next.
- (Optional) Enter at least one IP range for a DHCP pool and click Next.'
- (Optional) Add up to two DNS servers for the DHCP service to use and click Next.
- Review your settings and click Finish.