By using the VMware Cloud Director Tenant Portal, you can view the security tags applied to virtual machines in your environment. You can also see the security tags that are applied to security groups in your environment.
A security tag must have been created and applied to a virtual machine or to a security group.
- On the Virtual Data Center dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and under Networking, select Security.
- Select a security service and click Configure services.
- View the assigned tags from the Security Tags tab.
- On the Security Tags tab, select the security tag for which you want to see assignments, and click the Edit icon.
- Under the Assign/Unassign VMs, you can see the list of virtual machines assigned to the security tag.
- Click Discard.
- View the assigned tags from the Security Groups tab.
- Click the Grouping Objects tab, and click Security Groups.
- Select a security group.
- From the list under Include Members, you can see the security tag assigned to a security group.
You can view the existing security tags and associated virtual machines and security groups. This way, you can determine a strategy for creating firewall rules based on security tags and security groups.