You can add users to your VMware Cloud Director organizations by importing an LDAP, SAML, or OIDC user and assigning them a certain role.
Verify that you are logged in as an organization administrator or a role with equivalent set of rights.
- Verify that you integrated your VMware Cloud Director with an external identity provider.
- In the top navigation bar, click Administration.
- In the left panel, under Access Control, click Users.
The list of users appears.
- Click Import Users.
- Select a source from which you want to import the users.
You will only view the sources that you configured as identity providers.Important: When importing SAML and OIDC users, you must ensure that the user name you provide matches the value in the configured field from the identity provider. This is because VMware Cloud Director cannot communicate with the identity provider during import to validate the information. The only communication between the identity provider and VMware Cloud Director is during login, which will fail if you import the wrong user name.
Source Action LDAP Import users from an LDAP server.
- Enter a full or partial name in the text box and click Search.
- Select the users whom you want to import and click Add.
SAML Import users from a SAML server. Enter the user names of the users that you want to import. Use a new line for each user name.User names must be in the name identifier format supported by the SAML identity provider configured for this organization.Note: If you are using vCenter Single Sign-On as the SAML identity provider, the user names that you import from a vCenter Single Sign-On domain must be in User Principal Name (UPN) format, for example, email@example.com. OIDC Import OIDC users. Enter the user names of the users that you want to import. Use a new line for each user name.
User names must be in the name identifier format supported by the OIDC identity provider configured for this organization.
- Select the role which you want to assign to the users that you import.
- Click Save.