By using the VMware Cloud Director Tenant Portal, you can edit a user-defined security tag.
If you change the environment or function of a virtual machine, you might also want to use a different security tag so that firewall rules are correct for the new machine configuration. For example, if you have a virtual machine where you no longer store sensitive data, you might want to assign a different security tag so that firewall rules that apply to sensitive information are no longer run against the virtual machine.
- On the Virtual Data Center dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and under Networking, select Security.
- Select a security service and click Configure services.
- Click the Security Tags tab.
- From the list of security tags, select the security tag that you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button.
- Edit the name and the description of the security tag.
- Assign the tag to or remove the assignment from the virtual machines that you select.
- To save your changes, click Keep.
What to do next
If you edit a security tag, you might also need to edit an associated security group or firewall rules. For more information about security groups, see Working with Security Groups for NSX Data Center for vSphere Edge Gateways by Using Your VMware Cloud Director Tenant Portal.