Add an external network to register vSphere network resources for vCloud Director to use. You can create organization virtual datacenter networks that connect to an external network.
A vSphere port group is available. If the port group uses VLAN, it can use only a single VLAN. Port groups with VLAN trunking are not supported.
VMware recommends using an auto-expanding static port group.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click External Networks in the left pane.
- Click the Add Network button.
- Select a vCenter Server and a vSphere port group and click Next.
- Type the network settings and click Next.
- Type a name and optional description for the network and click Next.
- Review the network settings and click Finish.
What to do next
You can now create an organization virtual datacenter network that connects to the external network.