A system administrator can import a vSphere virtual machine to an organization as a vCloud Director vApp.
Verify that you are logged in to vCloud Director as a system administrator and that the organization has an available organization virtual datacenter.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Organizations in the left pane.
- Right-click the organization name and select Open.
- Click the My Cloud tab and click vApps in the left pane.
- Click Import from vSphere.
- Select a vCenter Server and a virtual machine.
- Type a name and optional description for the vApp and select a destination organization virtual datacenter.
- Select whether to copy or move the source virtual machine.
- Click OK.