vCloud Director requires an SMTP server to send user notification and system alert emails. You can modify the settings you specified when you created the organization.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Organizations in the left pane.
- Right-click the organization name and select Properties.
- Click the Email Preferences tab.
- Select an SMTP server option.
Option Description Use system default SMTP server Organization uses the system SMTP server. Set organization SMTP server Organization uses its own SMTP server. If you select this option, type the DNS host name or IP address and port number of the SMTP server. (Optional) Select the Requires authentication check box and type a user name and password.
- Select a notification settings option.
Option Description Use system default notification settings Organization uses the system notification settings. Set organization notification settings Organization uses its own notification settings. If you select this option, type an email address that appears as the sender for organization emails, type text to use as the subject prefix for organization emails, and select the recipients for organization emails.
- (Optional) Type a destination email address and click Test Email Settings to verify that all SMTP server settings are configured as expected.
- Click OK.