You can import a virtual machine from vSphere and save it as a vApp template in a catalog that is available to other users.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Organizations in the left pane.
- Right-click the organization name and select Open.
- Click Catalog and select My Organization's Catalogs in the left pane.
- On the vApp Templates tab, click Import from vSphere.
- Select a vCenter Server and a virtual machine.
- Type a name and optional description for the vApp template.
- Select a catalog.
- Choose whether to move or copy the virtual machine to the catalog.
- Choose whether to designate the vApp template as a Golden Image in the catalog.
If you mark a vApp template as a Golden Image, this information appears in the list of vApp templates.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Check that vSphere Tools is installed on the virtual machines in the vApp. vSphere Tools is required to support guest customization. See the VMware vCloud Director User's Guide.