You can upload an OVF package as a vApp template to make the template available to other users. vCloud Director supports Open Virtualization Format (OVF) 1.0 and OVF 1.1.
vCloud Director supports OVFs based on the OVF Specification. If you upload an OVF package that includes deployment options, those options are preserved in the vApp template.
- The organization to which you are uploading the OVF package has a catalog and an organization virtual datacenter.
- The computer from which you are uploading has Java Plug-in 1.6.0_10 or later installed.
- Click the Manage & Monitor tab and click Organizations in the left pane.
- Right-click the organization name and select Open.
- Click Catalog and select My Organization's Catalogs in the left pane.
- On the vApp Templates tab, click Upload.
- Click Browse, browse to the location of the OVF package, select it, and click Open.
- Type a name and optional description for the vApp template.
- Select a catalog and click Upload.
What to do next
Make sure that vSphere Tools is installed on the virtual machines in the vApp. vSphere Tools is required to support guest customization. See the VMware vCloud Director User's Guide.