You can save a vApp to a catalog as a vApp template.
Verify that the following conditions are met.
- Your organization has a catalog and a virtual datacenter with available space.
- You are at least a vApp author.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click vApps.
- Right-click a vApp and select Add to Catalog.
Beginning with vCloud Director 5.5, you can add a running vApp to a catalog. If you select a running vApp, it will be added to the catalog as a vApp template with all of its virtual machines in a suspended state.
- Type a name and optional description for the vApp template.
- Select a virtual datacenter, a catalog, and a storage lease.
- Select a vApp creation option.
This option applies when creating a vApp based on this template. It is ignored when building a vApp using individual virtual machines from this template.
Option Description Make identical copy vApps that are created from this vApp template must follow the guest operating system settings of the vApp template. If you select this option, and guest customization is enabled, the guest operating system is personalized. Customize VM settings Guest operating system is personalized regardless of the vApp template settings, and the guest operating system is personalized when the vApp is deployed. This option requires that a supported version of VMware Tools be installed on all virtual machines in the vApp.
- Click OK.
The vApp is saved as a vApp template and appears in the destination catalog.