An organization administrator can create a VPN tunnel between two organization virtual datacenter networks in different organizations. The organizations can be part of the same vCloud Director installation or a different installation.
Verify that you have a routed organization virtual datacenter network in each of the organizations. The organization virtual datacenter networks must have IP subnets that do not overlap and a site-to-site VPN enabled.
- IP Protocol ID 50 (ESP)
- IP Protocol ID 51 (AH)
- UDP Port 500 (IKE)
- UDP Port 4500
- Click Administration and select the organization virtual datacenter.
- Click the Org VDC Networks tab, right-click the organization virtual datacenter network name, and select Configure Services.
- Click the VPN tab and click Add.
- Type a name and optional description.
- Select A network in another organization from the drop-down menu.
- Click Connect to another organization, type the login information for the peer organization, and click Continue.
Option Description vCloud URL Base URL of the vCloud instance that contains the peer organization. For example, https://www.example.com. Do not include /cloud or /cloud/org/orgname in the URL. Organization Organization name that is used as the unique identifier in the organization URL. For example, if the organization URL is https://www.example.com/cloud/org/myOrg, type myOrg. Username User name of an organization administrator or system administrator that has access to the organization. Password Password associated with the user name.
- Select a peer network.
- Review the tunnel settings and click Connect.
vCloud Director configures both peer network endpoints.