You can add an organization virtual datacenter network to a vApp to make the network available to virtual machines in the vApp.
Connections can be direct or fenced. Fencing allows identical virtual machines in different vApps to be powered on without conflict by isolating the MAC and IP addresses of the virtual machines.
When fencing is enabled and the vApp is powered on, an isolated network is created from the organization virtual datacenter's network pool. An edge gateway is created and attached to the isolated network and the organization virtual datacenter network. Traffic going to and from the virtual machines pass through the edge gateway, which translates the IP address using NAT and proxy-AR, which allows a router to pass traffic between two networks using the same IP space.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click vApps, right-click, and select Open.
- Click the Networking tab and select the Show networking details check box.
- Click Add Network.
- Select Organization VDC Network and click Next.
- Select an organization virtual datacenter network and click Finish.
vCloud Director adds the organization virtual datacenter network and displays it in the network list.
- (Optional) Select the Fence vApp check box.
The connection changes from direct to fenced for all organization virtual datacenter networks in the vApp.
- Click Apply.
What to do next
Connect a virtual machine in the vApp to the network.