You can create and deploy a vApp directly from an OVF package without creating a vApp template and corresponding catalog item.
Verify that you have an OVF package to upload and that you have permission to upload OVF packages and create vApps.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click vApps and click Add vApp from OVF.
- Select the source from which to upload the OVF package and click Next.
Option Action URL Type the URL of the OVF package to use. Local file Click Browse and navigate to the OVF package to use.
- Review the details of the uploaded OVF and click Next.
- Type a name and optional description for the vApp.
- Select a virtual datacenter on which to store and run the vApp from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- Select a storage policy for the vApp's virtual machines from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- Select the network for the virtual machines to connect to from each virtual machine's drop-down menu and click Next.
- Review the hardware settings for the virtual machines in the vApp and optionally change those configurations.
If you change the hard disk size, you might need to configure the guest operating system after you power on the virtual machine. You can only increase hard disk size, but not decrease it.
- Click Next.
- Review the vApp's configuration and click Finish.