You can create a new vApp based on a vApp template stored in a catalog to which you have access.
- Only organization administrators and vApp authors can access vApp templates in public catalogs.
- vApp users and above can access vApp templates in organization catalogs shared to them.
If the vApp template is based on an OVF file that includes OVF properties for customizing its virtual machines, those properties are passed to the vApp. If any of those properties are user-configurable, you can specify the values.
- Click .
- Click the Add vApp from Catalog button.
- Select My organization's catalogs or Public catalogs from the drop-down menu.
- Select a vApp template and click Next.
- Type a name and optional description for the vApp.
- Select a runtime and storage lease and click Next.
- Select a virtual datacenter, configure the virtual machines in the vApp, and click Next.
- Configure the custom properties, if any, and click Next.
- Configure the networking options for the vApp and click Next.
- Review the vApp summary information and click Finish.
vCloud Director creates a vApp in My Cloud.