You can add static routes between two vApp networks that are routed to the same organization virtual datacenter network. Static routes allow traffic between the networks.
You cannot add static routes to a fenced vApp or between overlapping networks. After you add a static route to a vApp network, configure the network firewall rules to allow traffic on the static route. For vApps with static routes, select the Always use assigned IP addresses until this vApp or associated networks are deleted check box.
Static routes function only when the vApps containing the routes are running. If you change the parent network of a vApp, delete a vApp, or delete a vApp network, and the vApp includes static routes, those routes cannot function and you must remove them manually.
- Two vApp networks are routed to the same organization virtual datacenter network.
- The vApp networks are in vApps that were started at least once.
- Static routing is enabled on both vApp networks.
- Click the My Cloud tab and click vApps in the left pane.
- Right-click the first vApp and select Open.
- Click the Networking tab and select Show networking details.
- Right-click the vApp network and select Configure Services.
- Click the Static Routing tab and click Add.
- Type a name, network address, and next hop IP and click OK.
The network address is for the vApp network to which to add a static route. The next hop IP is the external IP address of that vApp network's router.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Repeat Step 2 through Step 8 for the second vApp network.
Example: Static Routing Example
vApp Network 1 and vApp Network 2 are both routed to Org Network Shared. You can create a static route on each vApp network to allow traffic between the networks. You can use information about the vApp networks to create the static routes.
|Network Name||Network Specification||Router External IP Address|
|vApp Network 1||192.168.1.0/24||192.168.0.100|
|vApp Network 2||192.168.2.0/24||192.168.0.101|
|Org Network Shared||192.168.0.0/24||NA|
On vApp Network 1, create a static route to vApp Network 2. On vApp Network 2, create a static route to vApp Network 1.
|vApp Network||Route Name||Network||Next Hop IP Address|
|vApp Network 1||tovapp2||192.168.2.0/24||192.168.0.101|
|vApp Network 2||tovapp1||192.168.1.0/24||192.168.0.100|
What to do next
Create firewall rules for the vApp networks to allow traffic on the static routes.