You can save a powered-on vApp as a vApp template and add it to the catalog.
You do not need to power off virtual machines in the vApp before you save the vApp to a catalog. The memory state of running virtual machines is preserved in the saved vApp.
Verify that the following conditions are met.
- You are at least a vApp user.
- The organization virtual datacenter is backed by vCenter Server 5.5.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click vApps.
- Select a vApp, right-click, and select Add to Catalog.
- (Optional) Modify the name and description.
- Select the destination catalog.
- In the Storage lease drop-down menu, select when the vApp template should expire.
- Select an option.
Option Description Make Identical Copy vApps that are created from this vApp template must follow the guest operating system settings of the vApp template. If you select this option, and guest customization is enabled, the guest operating system is personalized. Customize VM Settings Guest operating system is personalized regardless of the vApp template settings, and the guest operating system is personalized when the vApp is deployed.
- Click OK.
The vApp is added to the catalog in a suspended mode. The added vApp is enabled for network fencing.
What to do next
Modify the network properties of the vApp or power on the vApp.