You can change a virtual machine's guest operating system properties, such as password and domain properties.
- Click My Cloud.
- In the left pane, click VMs.
- Select a virtual machine, right-click, and select Properties.
- Click the Guest OS Customization tab and select Enable guest customization.
- (Optional) Select Change SID to run Sysprep to change Windows SID.
This option is available only for virtual machines running a Windows guest operating system.
- (Optional) Select Allow local administrator password to allow setting an administrator password on the guest operating system.
Option Description Auto generate password vCloud Director generates an administrator password for the guest operating system. Specify password Type an administrator password for the guest operating system.
- (Optional) Select Require administrator to change password on first login to require the administrator to change this password the first time they log in to the guest operating system.
- (Optional) Click Enable this VM to join a domain and type domain properties to have the virtual machine join a domain.
- (Optional) Click Browse, navigate to a customization script, and click OK to add the customization script to the virtual machine.
- Click OK.